Applications are invited from qualified candidates for the position of RESEARCH ASSISTANT at the Institute of Statistical, Social and Economic Research (ISSER) of Ghana, University of Ghana, Legon.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in on-going research;
- Conduction of literature review, development of research instruments, supervision of data gathering;
- Carrying rigorous analyses from quantitative datasets;
- Development of project reports, writing technical and journals papers;
- Assist the Project Director in the performance of his/her duties;
- Assist the project management team in performing their responsibilities;
- Write research proposals independently or with researchers under the direction of the Executive Director of the Project;
- Participate in the training of enumerators;
- Undertake any other duties under the direction of the Executive Director of the Project.
- Must possess at least a Master’s Degree from a recognised institution in any Social/Physical Science discipline;
- Must have strong quantitative background and demonstrable knowledge in the application of quantitative analytical software including STATA and SPSS;
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Must be able to work independently with less supervision;
- Must demonstrate versatility in the use of some qualitative approaches;
- Must demonstrate the skills and familiarity with relevant MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested applicants should submit the following electronically to: email@example.com NOT LATER THAN DECEMBER 20, 2021
- A full CV including: University degrees and dates, past and present posts, a list of publications, presentations, and other research-related achievements;
- Transcript of MA/MSc or MPhil coursework;
- A writing sample preferably, a publication document;
- A 2-page (maximum) statement, explaining why you would be the right candidate for this post.