The Measurement, Learning and Evaluation (MLE) unit at the Institute of Statistical, Social and Economic Research (ISSER) is looking to recruit research assistants. ISSER is a policy research institute within the College of Humanities at the University of Ghana. The MLE unit at ISSER provides operational services across all aspects of research and practice, including study design, data collection, data storage, data analysis, and the communication of research findings.
The successful candidate should be able to:
- Handle a full range of project tasks under the direction of the Head of Unit and the Director of ISSER.
- Write research proposals independently or with researchers.
- Independently handle specific project phases or implement entire projects with general oversight from the Head of Unit
- Have a basic grounding in quantitative and/or qualitative research techniques and processes
- Assist in the gathering and monitoring of statistical data relating to surveys
- Participate in the training of enumerators
- Participate in the review of primary data
- Supervise fieldwork
- Work more independently on developing client-ready reports
- Handle client enquiries competently; and
- Communicate relevant information accurately and in a timely manner.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Good knowledge of research concepts, practices and procedures, planning and budgeting
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work effectively in a team environment
- Experience in quantitative and qualitative data analysis
- Good knowledge of the Stata statistical software package
- General knowledge of databases
- Knowledge of digital data collection tools such as ODK, Survey CTO, and CSPro
Master’s degree in any social science discipline with a quantitative background (preferably economics, agricultural economics or related disciplines)
Starting Salary: Competitive
Vacancy Type: Full-Time
Start date: Immediate
Duration of contract: 1 year renewable
Mode of application: Interested candidates should send their CV together with a cover letter and a one page letter of motivation to:
Application Deadline: 21st January, 2022